Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Washington, My Home

I never can get these pictures where I want them. Oh well. These are the blueberries we hoed and picked endlessly while we lived on Hayes
Route in Woodland.
This is the house across from the blueberries we hoed and picked endlessly on Hayes Route in Woodland. We moved here when I was 12.

We moved into this house when I was about 17. It was a great house downtown in Woodland. We moved from this house to GrandView.


Good ol'e Woodland High. I graduated from here so many years ago that I can't believe it is still standing.



Woodland High School--Home of the Beavers!


This was the house we lived in when we were in Battle Ground. It was a great place and the place I think of when I remember my childhood.


Another shot of the house


This great barn went with the house in Battle Ground. I can still see the horses and cows in the barnyard. Those windows on the right are by the horse stalls. Believe it or not, I helped clean those stalls. It is not my fondest memory.

The beautiful Portland Temple

My elementary school in Battle Ground

Beautiful Washington.












Battle Ground Lake. It has no bottom so it freaked me out to swim there.

Floyd came to Portland to work on the temple and I joined him last Friday. It has been a wonderful experience to be here, since I spent the first 19 years of my life in the Portland area. Saturday we took the pilgrimage to Woodland and Battle Ground to see my former homes and schools. Everything is so green, and there are flowers! I forgot about that. It has been delightful and almost convinced me to put that For Sale sign in the front yard, after all.

4 comments:

The Super Meyer 5 said...

How nice that you got to visit your old stomping grounds. I'm glad you had a great time with Dad. I'll bet it was nice to slow down for a while and have some together time. Love you.

The Horton Family said...

Way cool to see those pictures and see a little better what you have always been talking about. I'm glad you and dad got to spend a little time away. Love you guys!

Joanna Barrett said...

I love the little battleground house! I hope someday I can see it in person! You know how much I love the Washington and Oregon area, I would love to live there for a while...Who knows, maybe in a year or two when Deryk and I are finally all graduated!

Wendy Hegerhorst said...

Hi Les, I was checking out JoAnna's site and saw her list of blogs and found yours. How exciting! I love all the pictures and your answers to the tag questions. Can I be buried right beside you? I love chocolate, books and Neil Diamond and have never been that found of the dirt. Glad Floyd is home it has got to be hard being apart so much. I also enjoyed seeing the bread making on Debra's blog. I think blogs are the best internet thing out there maybe someday I will get brave and start my own. I sure love looking at Alisha's and the nieces and nephews it makes me feel more connected. Love ya, Wendy